Saturday 22 February 2014

Your Municipality Has an Eye on Top Rankings in Coldest Night of the Year

Only four hours to go before the “Coldest Night of the Year” fundraiser for Open Arms heads into its 5-10K sponsored walk.
 
I am mustering a bit of healthy competition heading into the finale!

Looks like the walkers in 1st to 3rd place based on sponsorship are:

Ron Bezanson… $2,316.15;
Reg Outhouse… $1,397.10; ...
Pauline Raven, $1,270!

I'd like silver --- or even gold! Go girls go! Don't like seeing those boys in the lead---haha

Team-wise…

In first place is Between a Walk and a Hard Pace with $5,638.60 and a solid lead.

In second place is Saint Joe's Snow Bunnies, with $4,775, about a thousand dollars behind the leaders. Then come three teams hot on each others tails:

Cold Busters have $3,246.95; Valley Credit Union have $3,205.70; and Municipality of Kings (6 staff and 5 councillors) has $3,173.

We have until 3 o’clock today (registration time) to change the standings. It's like our own Olympics where we can claim the gold, silver or bronze!

I’ve put a worm into our Warden and Deputy Warden ears to find a Business Friend of the Municipality to match our team’s sponsorship totals at 3PM today and launch us into first place.

You can help by visiting my page and hitting the “Donate Now” button :)

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/FundraisingPage
I've told the Deputy Warden I'd love to see him bump me out of first place on our team. If he could do that I'd be happy to see the top three fundraisers all be boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment